I am shocked. Yes! As an arts and entertainment writer I am surprised a survey to find out which artistes will be busy playing gigs this December will have names like the top ‘S’ missing at the first spot.
So over the weekend your most authoritative news site Sammyflextv.com decided to find out from the general public which five artists are likely to be seen at every event most especially the major December events according to people’s playlist on their phones and the names that were alternatives to the spot one will shock you.
Of course knowing Ghanaians, I had so much expectation to hear these names as usual on people’s lips but areas where I did this survey got me disappointed. It looks like people are not even concerned about how many songs an artist performs any longer. All that is important is having a jam and the party is set.
This survey was done on some streets of Lapaz, Kwashieman, Sowutuom, Santa Maria, Dansoman, Kasoa, Dome, Awoshie, and in WhatsApp groups.
Based on the little research, the names below came up and it is in order based on the number of times it was mentioned in respective lists.
- Black Sherrif (Blacko): Out of over 1000 streets and WhatsApp group engagements, Blacko’s name came on top of every list. Many people believe he’s the hot cake now for the shows in December.
- Kuami Eugene: It was funny when I had some of the people I engaged on this survey telling me how the Lynx Entertainment signee has become a “Music Career Ressurrector”. I had lots of people having that conversation too. Just a verse or hook from him and your career is back on it’s feet. He took the second spot with his numbers next to Blacko.
- Mr Drew: Honestly I wasn’t expecting the Highly Spiritual singer at number three spot but the public decided he occupies it. He beats Medikal, Kidi, Yaw Tog, Fameye, Kweku Darlington etc in this particular survey.
- Shatta Wale: Who even expected that the African Dancehall King will be at the fourth spot? Surprising right? Well at least he made the list some A-list artist missed the top five in this survey.
- Stonebwoy: The Bhim boss took the final spot in this survey and this is also shocking. It looks like 40 years came too quick.
Names like Gyakie, Kidi, Fameye, Sarkodie, Medikal and few others came up but were not many and couldn’t make the top five list.
But these are people’s opinions based on their playlist from their phones. Feel free to tell us your top five names below.
Story by: Reagan Odei ofosu Osarfo (Nana Reagan)